Last updated: 10 December 2020.
1. These terms and conditions inform you about the legal terms and conditions which apply to your purchase and use of digital Evolution Power Tools gift cards.
2. These gift card terms apply to pounds sterling gift cards purchased online through the Evolution Power Tools UK website and branded sales channels. (https://shop.evolutionpowertools.com)
3. Evolution Power Tools reserves the right to update and change the terms and conditions of our Evolution Power Tools gift cards at any time. This does not affect your legal rights. Use of your Evolution Power Tools gift card constitutes acceptance of our Terms and Conditions and we, therefore, recommend you read them carefully. It is your responsibility to check these gift card terms from time to time to ensure you are aware of any changes which may have been made. Evolution Power Tools gift cards remain the property of Evolution Power Tools who maintains the right to cancel the card in its sole discretion in situations where it is deemed necessary to do so (such as to comply with applicable laws or as a result of circumstances beyond its control).
4. The value of your Evolution Power Tools gift card can be redeemed online at https://shop.evolutionpowertools.com, provided that the gift card is redeemed within the redemption period applicable to the jurisdiction where the gift card was originally purchased.
By way of example, an Evolution Power Tools gift card purchased in the UK shall have a redemption period of 12 months from the date of issue. You may redeem your UK purchased gift card in Ireland provided the gift card is redeemed during this 12 month redemption period, regardless of whether Ireland has different requirements as to the expiry dates of their gift cards (as these requirements will apply to gift cards purchased in Ireland only).
5. The gift card balance cannot be exchanged for cash or redeemed against the purchase of another card. Please note Evolution Power Tools gift cards cannot be redeemed in any Evolution Power Tools 3rd party retailers, such as B&Q or Screwfix.
6. The maximum individual Evolution Power Tools gift card value is £100. Multiple cards can be redeemed against a single purchase.
7. Your Evolution Power Tools gift card is valid for 12 months from the date of activation (which for in-store shall be the date of the gift card purchase, and for online, the date of dispatch of your order) following which they expire automatically. A gift card cannot be used after the expiry date and any remaining balance will be removed and the card will become invalid and no longer available for use. We have no obligation to remind or inform you of a gift card’s expiry and it is your sole responsibility to ensure that any balance is used in full before expiry.
8. A Gift Card expires automatically once its balance has been exhausted.
9. You are solely responsible for the safekeeping and security of your electronic gift card following delivery. In cases where your Evolution Power Tools electronic gift card is lost or stolen, Evolution Power Tools is unable to replace or reimburse the remaining balance on a card.
Crediting an Evolution Power Tools gift card
10. Please retain an expired electronic gift card should you wish to return your purchase. Any goods paid for using a gift card that is subsequently returned for a refund will be credited to the original gift card or if you have discarded or misplaced your original card, issued on a new Evolution Power Tools gift card. For returns where part payment was taken from a gift card, the refund will be credited to your gift card in the first instance.
11. If a partial refund is made for any purchase using an Evolution Power Tools gift card and another method of payment, then any refund amount owing will be credited to the Evolution Power Tools gift card in the first instance.
12. If the total to be refunded is more than originally paid by Evolution Power Tools gift card, then any remaining refund balance will be refunded to the other method of payment used by you (i.e. debit/credit card or cash).
Governing Law and jurisdiction
14. These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. You agree, as we do, to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.