The main difference between 230v electric power tools and 110v electric power tools is that 230v tools are compatible with domestic plug sockets, while 110v tools are mainly for on-site use. Evolution’s green DIY power tools are only available in 230v for domestic use.
45 Days To Return Learn More
3 Year Guarantee
Bundle Returns T&C's
Have a question?
Call our Sheffield based team:
0114 251 1022
*Please note: Discounts cannot be applied on bundle deals, subscription blades or items already on sale. Multiple discount codes cannot be used in the same order.
Frequently Bought Together:
With a 255mm blade and a huge 90mm x 300mm crosscut capability the R255SMS-DB+ is the most capable and powerful Mitre Saw in the Evolution line-up. With 2,000 watts of power and a multi-material blade that slices through wood, plastic, metal, and even reclaimed wood with embedded nails it offers best in class power and versatility.
Paired with our new XL Rolling Mitre Saw Stand it's the perfect portable jobsite Mitre Saw, ready to tackle the biggest jobs on-site or at home. Packed with features this double bevel mitre saw cuts 45 ° bevels in both directions. An integrated laser cutting guide and positive bevel stops provide accuracy for every cut. A durable die-cast aluminium base is tough enough to handle any material. With great ergonomics, single-handed cutting action and easy access storage tools and workpiece clamps the R255SMS-DB+ is the ultimate trade and workshop mitre saw, you can pay more but you can't buy better.
*This version of the R255SMS-DB+ mitre Saw includes a 28T multi-material blade and an additional 40T carbide-tipped Wood Blade for when you need the ultimate precision.
- Multi-Material cutting technology. One saw, one blade, cuts all.*
- Accurate cutting with 300mm sliding functionality, adjustable depth of cut and laser precision guidance.
- Smooth, square, reliable cutting every time in a variety of materials. Cut mild steel with no heat, no burrs & virtually no sparks.
- Powerful 2000W (230v option), 1600W (110v option), hi-torque optimised gearbox and blade system increases motor and blade life to cut through a variety of materials with ease.
- Perform accurate Crosscuts, Mitre cuts, Bevel cuts and Compound cuts with adjustable precision settings.
- Cut to within +/- 0.5˚ with 45° - 45° bevel tilt and 50˚ - 50˚ mitre angles with quick click mitre stops at 0˚, 15, 22.5, 30, and 45˚ both left & right.
- An impressive 300mm x 90mm max. crosscut capacity enables you to cut through most framing beams.
- Ambidextrous, ergonomic, horizontal trigger with comfortable grip = combats repetitive strain.
- Compatible with Evolution's Mitre Saw Stand, giving you full control to cut accurate repeated lengths on wide and long materials with ease.
- The Evolution 255mm Diamond blade can also be fitted for cutting ceramic tiles and ornamental stone, (sold separately).
- 3-year limited warranty.
- Premium Japanese 28T Tungsten-Carbide-Tipped (TCT) 255mm blade included for long-life, multi-material cutting.
- Premium Japanese 40T Tungsten Carbide-Tipped (TCT) 255mm General Wood Blade for crosscut and ripping duty.
- Quick-Release top clamp included for additional safety and faster adjustments.
- Tall neck and fences for increase cut capacity and versatility when cutting materials stood upright such as skirting and cornices.
- Laser-guided precision projects the cutting line on your workpiece for assisted straight-line cutting.
- Cleaner and safer working environment with a dust collection bag and dust port adaptor for use with vacuum extraction.
- Integrated carry handles - easy to carry and transport around the workplace.
- 4m rubber power cable gives you the power and reach you need to get the job done.
XL Rolling Mitre Saw Stand
The XL Rolling version of Evolution's best-selling Mitre Saw Stand supports more weight, offers more stability, 5-position height adjustment, wheels for easy portability and almost universal compatibility with other manufacturers' Mitre Saw models. This versatile and portable Mitre Saw Stand is perfect for home, workshop and heavy-duty on-site use. Weighing only 25kg it's light enough to be manoeuvred with one hand and, thanks to its folding legs and telescopic arms, it folds down to a compact 200mm x 270mm x 1400mm.
This light and compact Mitre Saw Stand can safely support up to 300kg, and long work-pieces up to 4m in length on its extendable arms. The quick-release mounting brackets allow the mounting of any saw with the standard mounting hole fitment in the range of to 680mm x 370mm. The supplied extension brackets allow use with saws with mounting holes in excess of this range.
- Quick & easy set-up.
- Easy to transport and store away.
- Fits most brands of mitre saws.
- Height adjustable rollers with built-in end stop. Perfect for repeat cutting.
- Quick-release brackets for fast saw fitting and removal.
- Support up to 3m long work-pieces and up to 150kg of weight.
- 3 Year limited warranty.
SpecificationsR255SMS-DB+ Mitre Saw
|Motor (240V 50Hz):||2000W|
|Motor (110V 50Hz):||1600W|
|Speed No Load:||2600 min-1|
|Max. Bevel (Left):||45° - 45°|
|Max. Mitre:||50° - 50°|
|No. of Teeth:||28|
|Bore:||25.4mm / 1 in.|
|Max. Cross Cut (0° x 0°):||300mm x 90mm|
|Max. Bevel Cut Left (0° x 45°):||300mm x 52mm|
|Max. Bevel Cut Right (0° x 45°):||300mm x 34mm|
|Max. Mitre Cut (45° x 0°):||212mm x 90mm|
|Max. Compound Cut Left (45° x 45°):||212mm x 52mm|
|Max. Compound Cut Right (45° x 45°):||212mm x 34mm|
|Mild Steel Plate
|Mild Steel Box Section
(Max. Wall Thickness):
|Product Dimensions:||570 x 545 x 385mm|
|Packaging Dimensions:||575 x 545 x 385mm|
|Product Weight:||18.24 kg|
|Packaged Weight:||20.5 kg|
|Sound Pressure Level LPA:||95,8 dB(A) K=3 dB(A)|
|Sound Power Level LWA:||108,8 dB(A) K=3 dB(A)|
Mitre Saw Stand
|Max. Length Material Support:||4m|
|Max. Saw Mounting Hole Spacing:||680mm x 330mm|
Dimensions & Weight
|Collapsed Product Dimensions:||1000mm x 280mm x 230mm|
|Assembled Product Dimensions:||1100mm x 600mm x 750mm|
|Arms Fully Extended Product Dimensions:||1970mm x 600mm x 750mm|
|Packaging Dimensions:||945mm x 265mm x 300mm|
|255mm (10 In.) 28 Tooth Multi-Material Cutting Blade||Machine Table Extensions x2|
|6mm & 4mm Dual-Ended Hex Key||Rotary Table And Neck|
|Cutting Head||Carriage Slides|
|Mitre Locking Knob||Mains Cable|
|Guide/Clamp||Self Tapping Cap Screw x1|
|M6 x 16mm Socket Headed||Screws x4 M5 x 12mm|
|Socket Headed Screws x2||Laser Lens Cap|
|Cable Clip||Slide Locking Knob|
|Dust Port Adaptor||Dust Collection Bag|
|Quick Release Hold Down Clamp||Instruction Manual|
Mitre Saw Stand Features & Specifications
R255SMS-DB+ compared to Dewalt DWS727
Mitre Saw Features & Specifications
Mitre Saw Assembly Guide
More about this item:
Evolution R255SMS-DB+ Cut Capacities
Accurate, reliable and powerful, this saw includes a 300mm slide, a 90mm depth of cut, a 50-degree mitre and a 45-degree double bevel.
Designed in the "Steel City" of Sheffield, this multi-purpose saw is ready for any job.
One Saw. One Blade.
Evolution's Multi-material blade technology cuts through new and reclaimed wood, plastics, composites, non-ferrous metals and mild steel. One blade for all these materials, no swapping blades, no down time.
+PLUSExtra 255mm Wood Blade Included.
Every Evolution R255SMS-DB+ model includes a 255mm wood cutting blade with 40 tungsten-carbide tipped teeth.
Ultimate Compound Cutting.
From 50° left to 50° right mitre cuts and 45° left and 45° right bevel cuts, the R255SMS-DB+ offers the versatility you need to perform accurate compound cuts with power and speed.
Out-performs abrasive saws.
Not only is this saw ready to cut softwoods and hardwoods but it is engineered and optimised to cut metal with no heat, no burrs and virtually no sparks. No need to change the blade. One saw, one blade cuts it all.
Cut Metal Cold.
Square, cold-to-touch, ready-to-weld cuts on mild steel, aluminium and other ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
Japanese TCT blade.
Equipped with the Evolution multi-material cutting, tungsten-carbide tipped, 255mm blade. Designed to cut steel, aluminium and wood.
Quick-Click Mitre Angles.
Set your mitre angle any angle between 50° left to 50° right. For the most common cutting angles, position your blade using the quick-click detents at 0˚, 15, 22.5, 30, and 45˚ both left & right.
Mitre Saw Stand Compatible
Take your mitre saw anywhere with the Evolution mitre saw stands. Available in 2 sizes. Additional rails can also be purchased from our online store so you can lock and release any mitre saw in seconds.
Not only can Evolution saws cut ferrous and non-ferrous metals, wood, and plastic with one blade. But with an Evolution continous rim diamond blade fitted to your mitre saw you can cut brick, tiles and stone. (Sold separately).