2. Who We Are.
3. How and what personal information we collect.
4. How we use your personal information.
5. Where we store your personal information outside the EEA.
6. How long we keep your personal information for.
7. Your Rights
8. Security / Cookies / links / Social plugins
10. Changes To This Policy
11. Contact Us
1.2) This policy sets out how Evolution Power Tools Ltd. that is based in the UK handle your personal information, including when and why it is collected, used and disclosed and how it is kept secure.
1.3) You will find our contact details at the end of this policy which you can use if you have any questions, including how to update or access your personal information or to make a complaint.
1.4) This policy may change, so please check this page from time to time to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. Please see further changes to this policy in Section 10.
2.2) Where this policy refers to “we”, “our” or “us” below, unless it mentions otherwise, it’s referring to the person that is the controller of your personal information.
Personal information you give to us: This is information about you that you give to us by entering information via our websites or our social media pages or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise and is provided entirely voluntarily. The information you give to us includes your name, contact details (such as phone number, email address and address), enquiry details and your opinion of our products.
Personal information we collect about you: We may automatically collect the following personal information: our web servers store as standard details of your browser and operating system, the website from which you visit our website, the pages that you visit on our website, the date of your visit, and, for security reasons, e.g. to identify attacks on our website, the Internet protocol (IP) address assigned to you by your internet service. We collect some of this information using cookies – please see Cookies in Section 8.2 for further information. We may also collect any personal information which you allow to be shared that is part of your public profile on a third party social network.
3.2) Please see further How we use your personal information in Section 4 for details of the purposes for which we use the personal information we obtain from these sources and the legal basis on which we rely to process that information. The remaining provisions of this policy also apply to any personal information we obtain from these sources.
- To supply brochures and other material you have specifically requested from us;
- To contact you via email, text message, post or telephone with marketing information about Evolution products and services (see Marketing section below for further details);
- To exchange information for warranty/aftersales;
- To allow for the provision of third party repair services by our authorised repair centres;
4.5) Where required to comply with our legal obligations. We will use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations including: (i)Identify you when you contact us; and (ii) to verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you.
4.6) Where there is a legitimate interest. We may use and process your personal information where it is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interests as a business for the following purposes:
- For analysis, and profiling to inform our marketing strategy, and to enhance and personalise your customer or visitor experience;
- For market research in order to continually improve the products and services that we deliver to you;
- To administer our websites and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, testing, statistical purposes;
- For marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent) e.g. to tailor marketing communications or send targeted marketing messages via social media and other third party platforms;
- For the prevention of fraud and other criminal activities;
- To correspond and communicate with you;
- To create a better understanding of you as a customer or visitor;
- To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- For efficiency, accuracy or other improvements of our databases and systems e.g. by combining systems or consolidating records we or our group companies hold about you;
- For general administration including managing your queries, complaints, or claims, and to send service messages to you
5.2) If we transfer your information outside of the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy. These steps include imposing contractual obligations on the recipient of your personal information or ensuring that the recipients are subscribed to ‘international frameworks’ that aim to ensure adequate protection.
6.2) We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
6.3) We may need your personal information to establish, bring or defend legal claims, in which case we will retain your personal information for 7 years after the last occasion on which we have used your personal information in one of the ways specified in How we use your personal information in Section 4.
6.4) The only exceptions to this are where:
- The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner;
- You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted in this section 6, or because we are required under the law (see further Erasing your personal information or restricting its processing in Section 7.6); and
- In limited cases, the law permits us to keep your personal information indefinitely provided we put certain protections in place.
7.2) Accessing your personal information.You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy.
7.3) Correcting and updating your personal information.The accuracy of your information is important to us and we are working on ways to make it easier for you to review and correct the information that we hold about you. In the meantime, if you change your name or address/email address, or you discover that any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know by contacting us in any of the details described at the end of this policy.
7.4) Withdrawing your consent.Where we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information, as set out under How we use your personal information in Section 4, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this policy. If you would like to withdraw your consent to receiving any direct marketing to which you previously opted-in, you can also do so using our unsubscribe tool. If you withdraw your consent, our use of your personal information before you withdraw is still lawful.
7.5) Objecting to our use of your personal information. Where we rely on our legitimate business interests as the legal basis for processing your personal information for any purpose(s), as out under How we use your personal information in Section 4, you may object to us using your personal information for these purposes by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy. Except for the purposes for which we are sure we can continue to process your personal information, we will temporarily stop processing your personal information in line with your objection until we have investigated the matter. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights under data protection laws, we will permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise we will provide you with our justification as to why we need to continue using your data. You may object to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes and we will automatically comply with your request. If you would like to do so, please use our unsubscribe tool.
7.6) Erasing your personal information or restricting its processing. In certain circumstances, you may ask for your personal information to be removed from our systems by emailing or writing to us at the address at the end of this policy. Unless there is a reason that the law allows us to use your personal information for longer, we will make reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
You may also ask us to restrict processing your personal information in the following situations:
- Where you believe it is unlawful for us to do so,
- You have objected to its use and our investigation is pending or you require us to keep it in connection with legal proceedings.
- When you make a purchase from our UK online Shop
- If you register a tool online; or
- Enquire via the contact form on our website or request a call back.
9.2) We may contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and platforms (operated by other companies) by using your personal information, or use your personal information to tailor marketing to improve its relevance to you, unless you object.
9.3) From time to time, we may ask you to refresh your marketing preferences by asking you to confirm that you consent to continue receiving marketing information from us.
9.4) You have the right to opt-out of our use of your personal information to provide marketing to you in any of the ways mentioned above. Please see Withdrawing your Consent in Section 7.4 and Objecting to our use of your personal information and automated decisions made about you in Section 7.5 above for further details on how you can do this.
UNITED KINGDOMEvolution Power Tools Protection Co-ordinator:
Evolution Power Tool Ltd
Holbrook Industrial Estate
Telephone: +44 (0)114 251 1022
EUROPEEvolution Power Tools Protection Co-ordinator:
Evolution Power Tools SAS
61 Avenue Lafontaine
Telephone: +33 (0)557 306 189
USAEvolution Power Tools Protection Co-ordinator:
Evolution Power Tools LLC.
8363 Research Drive
Telephone: 866 EVO-TOOL